Thanks for helping me deal with an allergic reaction to a wasp sting.
In the past two years, I have been stung twice by a wasp on my hand; each time my entire hand swelled up, and became very red, sore and hot-- taking Benadryl did not seem to help. I couldn't use my fingers because they were so swollen. And it took at least a week for the swelling and intense pain to go away.
When I stepped on a wasp, I expected the same reaction. In fact within a few hours my entire foot was swollen, red, hot and painful.